Phoenix Public Library is seeking a Computer Aide to assist community members using Library computers, printers, copiers, scanners and fax machines. Computer Aides should have a background and interest in working with computers, both hardware and software. They will also assist the public in signing on to the public computers as well as accessing Wi-Fi on their personal computers, tablets and other electronic devices.
We are looking for skilled volunteers to assist adults taking computer classes at the Burton Barr Central Library. Computer Lab Tech volunteer will assist the Class Instructor in keeping students on track and answering technical questions dealing with Microsoft Office, library e-resources and social media.
Specific duties may include:
* Assisting students with questions on an individual basis
* Collecting class evaluations and equipment
* Cleaning up the classroom at the end of class
Computer Lab Techs are required to have working knowledge of the following:
* Mouse and keyboard
* Microsoft Office programs
* Navigating the internet
Working knowledge of the following skills is desired, but not a requirement.
* eReaders, tablets and/or smartphones
* Use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
* Social media tools such as Facebook Classes are offered in English and Spanish. Fluency in Spanish is highly desired, but not a requirement.
Volunteers should be available at the following times:
* Saturdays 9am-12pm
Phoenix Public Library's Burton Barr Central Library is seeking Computer Aides to assist community members using library computers, and navigating the internet. Computer Aides should have a background and interest in working with computers, both hardware and software. They will also assist the public with multi-function devices for printing/copying/faxing/scanning, as well as accessing information wirelessly on their personal computers, tablets and other electronic devices.